Pages


Followers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Memory Board

When my daughter was invited to a birthday party, I remembered that the little girl´s mother had told me that they were looking for a memory board. So I decided to make one myself as a present. This was a Saturday night idea and I had to do with the materials available at the time. It was a time-consuming project, especially because the stampler was acting up and only one of every fifteen staples actually went in completely. Anyway, it´s finished! I took an brown frame that I painted white/grey, took two old stained t-shirts of my daughter, some extra thick and absorbent kitchen paper as padding, and some scrapbooking ribbons. The result isn´t all that bad, is it?

Als meine Tochter zu einem Kindergeburtstag eingeladen wurde, erinnerte ich mich daran, daß mir die Mutter des Mädchens einmal erzählt hatte, daß sie für ihre Tochter gerne eine Art Pinwand mit Bändchen hätte. Also habe ich mich dazu entschlossen, selbst eine zu machen. Da das ein Samstagabend Projekt war, mußte ich mit den Materialien auskommen, die ich hatte. Ich habe ganz schön lange dafür gebraucht, Schuld war der Tacker, der nur eine von fünfzehn Klammern wirklich in das Holz geschossen hat. Ich habe einen brauen Rahmen weiß gestrichen, zwei alte T-Shirts meiner Tochter als Hintergrund verwendet, extra dicke Küchenrolle als Untergrund, und ein paar Scrapbooking Bändchen. Das Endresultat ist gar nicht so schlecht, oder?

Cuando mi hija fue invitada a una fiesta de cumpleaños me acorde que la madre me había comentado una vez que estaba buscando un tablón de noticias para su hija. Decidí hacer uno yo. Como era un proyecto de sábado noche tuve que usar los materiales que tenía en casa. Tardé un poco porque la grapadora no funcionaba bien. Cogí un marco marrón que pinté en blanco, dos jerseys viejos de mi hija, pápel de cocina extra absorbente para colochonarlo, y los lacitos que uso para el scrapbooking. El resultado no queda nada mal, ¿no?


http://www.schleiper.com/
Fabric bought for my memory board
Since I enjoyed the project I decided to make another one, this time for my daughter´s hairclips. I was more organized, chose the frame in advance, went into my favourite crafts´store - Schleiper - and bought some fabric, ribbons in the same color scheme, and a square cushioned mat made for sewing projects. And this time it was a project of less than 45 mintues instead of the hours it had taken me to finish the first one. In the end, I realized that the color scheme I had chosen was not a little girl´s color scheme and I kept it as a memory board for myself. I yet have to make one for my daughter´s hairclips though!

Da mir das erste Projekt so gut gefallen hat wollte ich noch direkt ein zweites machen, eine Haarklammer Wand für meine Tochter.
Dieses Mal war ich besser organisiert, wählte den Rahmen im voraus aus, kaufte in meinem Lieblingsbastelladen - Schleiper - den Stoff, wattierten Hintergrund und Bändchen in passender Farbe. Dieses Projekt war dann in 45 Minuten fertig. Nur, daß ich es am Ende für mich behalten habe, da die Farben doch weniger für ein kleines Mädchen sind. Also muß ich immer noch irgendwann mal das Haarklammer Projekt angehen!
Como me gustó tanto el primer proyecto me dediqué a un segundo, esta vez para las horquillas de mi hija. Me organize antes, elegí el marco, y fuí a mi tienda de manualidades favorita - Schleiper - para comprar la tela, el fondo acolchonado, y los lacitos del mismo color. Terminé el proyecto en 45 minutos. Sólo que me quedé yo con el porque los colores de verdad no son tanto para niñas pequeñas. Entonces todavía tengo que hacer el proyecto para las horquillas algun día.